Protecting people’s personal information supports our goal of building stronger communities. That’s why we take your privacy seriously.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and not doing anything with your information you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
If you have any questions at all about how we use or store data please contact Managing Director Helen Furnivall email@example.com
We are required to provide you with the information in this Privacy Notice under applicable law which includes:
- the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) referred to as the ‘data protection legislation’
- the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (2003)
We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10038348
Our registered office address is: 111 St James Road, Heaton Moor, SK4 4RE
Our office is located at: Huckletree Ancoats, The Express Building, 9 Great Ancoats St, Manchester M4 5AD
How you can contact us:
- by post, at the office address given above;
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website from time to time; or
- by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org
How and when we collect information about you
When you directly give us information
We may collect and store information about you when you interact with us.
For example, this could be when you:
- submit an enquiry by email or via our website, or by telephone
- tell us your story (for example for a case study or press release)
- give us feedback
- enter into a contract with us
- participate in our training (eg media training)
- are filmed for one of our video productions
- apply for a job or internship with us
When you indirectly give us information
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn we may also obtain some personal information about you. The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences you have set on each platform and the privacy policies of each platform. To change your settings on these platforms, please refer to their privacy notices.
We may obtain information about your visit to our site, for example the pages you visit and how you navigate the site, by using cookies. You can delete cookies from your computer on your browser settings.
What information we might collect
Data protection law recognises that certain types of personal information are more sensitive. This is known as ‘sensitive’ or ‘special category’ personal information and covers information revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs and political opinions, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, information concerning health or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Sensitive information will only be collected where necessary, for example, for a case study collected with your permission and used for advocacy or media relations purposes.
If you are under 16If you’re aged under 16, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
How and when we use your information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Responding to a request: If you contact us with a query, we may use your personal information to provide you with a response.
- Processing an application to work with us: We may process your information if you send or fill in an application form or send us your CV or details in respect of an opportunity to work with us in order to evaluate your suitability and respond to you.
- Transactional purposes: We will need to use your personal information in order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for goods or services, for example, talking to the media about the work you do for a profile or comment piece.
- Improving our website: We may use your personal information to help provide you with access to our website, personalise your experience, and improve and develop it further.
- Administration: such as dealing with a feedback or a complaint
- Market research and surveys: We may invite you to participate in surveys to improve our service. Taking part is entirely up to you.
- Legal, regulatory and tax compliance: Where we are subject to a legal obligation, we may process your personal information to fulfil that obligation.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. We will not sell your personal information with any third party and will not share your details without your consent.
How we protect your information
We work hard to make sure your personal information is secure. We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold. We cannot 100% guarantee the security of data (including personal information) disclosed or transmitted over public networks.
Your rights to personal information
You also have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please email email@example.com
(Last updated: January 2023)